Jun 6, 2011

100X100 – episode 1

I have started the process of discovering the wow’s and ouch’es of my new compact sidekick. For now, it’s mostly an exploration of how the camera behaves (at its ‘standard’ settings) and how I can tweak the out-of-camera results to my taste.

I plan to share this journey with you, posting chunks of random shots from the X100 until there’s 100 of them. Along the way, you will learn about my experiences and conclusions.

All of the following sights of Antwerp are out-of-camera JPEG images, shot handheld at ISO 200 through 800, resized in Lightroom 3.4.1 with no or only minimal ‘Basic’ adjustments.

DSCF0149wDSCF0164w DSCF0162w  DSCF0175w DSCF0190w

I am already amazed by the quality of the JPEG files this camera delivers. Excellent capture of dynamic range, good handling of mixed light sources, very low noise levels… And that little 23mm (35mm equivalent) f/2.0 lens is simply stunning!

Gear notes: Fujifilm X100

Click on the image(s) to see a larger version

No comments: