May 22, 2010

Training

I have not yet figured out whether or how my recently acquired iPhone will play a meaningful role in my photographic endeavors. Sure, it looks like an intriguing device to capture pixels. But is it also a camera, and if so, one that some day I will come home to?

IMG_0081w

A business trip last week offered some opportunities to make random shots, and the few from the Bruxelles Midi train station shown here are just that. The limited quality of the images (taken in the low evening light) led me towards a more impressionistic interpretation. And where did the idea to crop square come from?

IMG_0077w

So once again I find myself with the puzzling urge to explore seeing and showing the world in a different way. Not entirely comfortable, but eager to find out where this journey will lead to.

IMG_0072w
Gear notes: iPhone 3GS

Click on the image(s) to see a larger version

No comments: