Jun 29, 2009

Pictures at an exhibition


A good friend and former colleague recently exhibited some of his pictures, together with fellow photography graduates of the Sint-Lucas Academy in Gent. The event took place at the Jan Colle gallery, a building from the 1930s originally used as a wood drying warehouse and now dedicated to showcase all forms of modern art.


As I entered the building (my very first visit there) I immediately felt thrilled by the many scenes, details and textures around me. My mind started bubbling with great picture opportunities! Of course I had my camera nearby, so after a tour of the exhibition proper (and a few beers on a sunny terrace with friends) I made another round, this time looking only for the right setting, the perfect light, the original angle...


I have to confess: I probably spent more time discovering the building than looking at the pictures that were exhibited... But I am confident that these young photographers will already understand that feeling and sympathize with me!


More pictures here.


Gear notes: D700, 17-35/2.8

Click on the image(s) to see a larger version

No comments: